Day 23/365
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Potato Medley
I was actually quite proud of this photo, for a change. I bought these colored potatoes at Trader Joe's the other day because I loved the colors. I had a photo in mind, but hadn't formulated it yet. I had some time to devote to it today, so I put up the (grossly underutilized) tripod, and set the potatoes up in the light of the window. I tried some bracketed shots, and was really taken with the way the potatoes looked in the highest exposures against a nearly white background. So I performed a light HDR on it, then took it into Photoshop and brought up the contrast, saturated it a bit, then I made a lasso'ed the table only and duplicated the layer and did gaussian blur to it until I couldn't see any of the grit and noise anymore. The bowl was already white and pristine, so as a contrast to all this clean white background, I turned up the sharpness on the potatoes again to give the skin and eyes and scars a realistic, gritty look. Maybe not the way a stock photographer would do it, but I really liked it this way.
Day 23/365
Day 23/365
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment