Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Friends

This was a very unusual day. The clouds were fluffy all day long, I took about 400 photos. But the sunset was amazing. Red and orange clouds separated to reveal all four of the Channel Islands, the waves were tinged with a silver light, the seagulls were all sitting around on their reflections because a large expanse of sand was still wet, a mother and her small child were playing together in silhouette, a lone surfer was carving up the waves, and as if that wasn't enough, there were two dolphins frolicking! It was almost unbelievable, and I could barely shoot, my hands were shaking with excitement. On the way home I sobbed, feeling honored to have been witness to it all. When I got home, I wondered briefly if somebody I knew had died, because I have seen similar things happen when special people cross over. The next morning, I found out a very good friend of mine from London had died on this day, knocked off his bike by a reckless driver.

Day 6/365
Good friends

No comments:

Post a Comment