Day 22/365
Saturday, January 22, 2011
LA's Garment District
I drove around downtown looking for great streetscapes. I love how many wonderful photo opportunities are there. I came across two different music videos being filmed, and the crew were very kind to me, letting me take photos, and one of them even gave me a CD of the band's music. I gave it to Chanel, I think she'll enjoy it. I finally went with this one because the street was so colorful, and every singly shop was closed. At 5pm! I'm sure they were closed all day, as there were virtually no cars, and I was able to walk down the middle of the street safely. A security guard one street over looked lazily over at me and then went back about his business. I hit the grunge button in Photomatix and really liked the effect. The shot I wanted was ruined from my handshake due to my stubborn neglect to use a tripod. It was of a parking meter, with the street in the background, it was fabulous. Except for the blurry ghosting, that is. This one is a close second, although I felt like the perfect symmetry was a bit boring. My mother loves it though, and wants it blown up.
Day 22/365
Day 22/365
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment